thanksgiving, our way.
Stuffing is always a treat, but there’s a Southwestern tradition that makes it all more special.
This recipe will have the whole family scooping up seconds.
The combination of sweet and savory makes this delicious dish unique.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 7 ounces bacon
- 3 hotdogs
- 1 cup Don Juan Chiles Pecans
- 1 cup Don Juan Chiles Almonds
- 1 cup Don Juan Chiles Raisins
- 1 cup Don Juan Chiles Prunes
- 1 large white onion
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 red apples
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- 1/3 cup Don Juan Chiles Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Don Juan Chiles Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Don Juan Chiles Thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. Don Juan Chiles Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Don Juan Chiles Mexican Oregano
- 3 Don Juan Chiles Whole Dried Guajillo Hot Peppers
- 3 Don Juan Chiles Whole Dried Ancho Pasilla Peppers
- 1 tsp. White sugar
what you'll need to start
Skillet, pot, stovetop, cutting board, spatula, fork.
- Rehydrate chiles, remove their skin and tops, and remove seeds as desired.
- Dice beef, bacon, onions, olives, hotdogs, and apples.
- Cook beef and bacon on the stove at medium high heat until it begins to get a light brown color.
- Add onions and celery.
- Stir and keep pieces small with a spatula.
- Add hotdogs.
- Add garlic and let it mix with the rest of the dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients slowly.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook for 10-15 more minutes on medium heat.