Don Juan’s Chile Sauce
With Cascabel, Ancho Pasilla, Guajillo, Negro Pasilla, and Arbol chiles, this chile sauce showcases some of the best dried chiles we have to offer. The recipe also includes tomatoes, white onion, garlic, lime, and grapeseed oil, which all come together to give the sauce a unique, mouth-watering flavor that makes it a great addition to a variety of different dishes. Use it to top enchiladas, smother a burrito, or serve alongside other Mexican food classics! Chile sauce is very versatile, and we encourage you to add in some more of your favorite chiles or spices you can find here at Don Juan Chiles to really make it your own. Prep is super-easy, and all you need is a large bowl and a blender to make this delicious addition to any meal.
Ready in just 20 minutes, if you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine, this is a chile sauce you have to try!
thoughts before starting
Add in your favorite chiles or spices, like Don Juan’s Ground Cumin, to make this sauce a family favorite.
what you'll need to start
Large bowl, blender, serving bowl
- Start by rehydrating, destemming, and seeding all your chiles. (Here are the directions for rehydrating chiles if you need them!)
- Add your prepped chiles to a blender and roughly chop your tomatoes, onions, and garlic cloves. They will be blended so the chopping does not need to be precise.
- Add in your chopped veggies, lime juice, grapeseed oil, and a teaspoon of sea salt to start.
- Blend the mixture on high until the sauce is thick but smooth. Taste for salt and add if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!