take that, hangover.
Huevos Rancheros are a traditional Mexican midmorning delight.
Although they are a notorious cure for hangovers, they are perfect for any slow morning.
Serve ‘em up fresh by themselves, or add a pancake or tortilla underneath if you are feeling fancy. (We’ve got the perfect tortillas for the job)
Of course, like anything that we do here at Don Juan Chiles, we keep it a little (or a lot) spicier than the competition. The same goes for our eggs.
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- 1 tsp. Don Juan Chiles Ground Cumin
- 2 rehydrated Don Juan Chiles Guajillo Hot Peppers
- 1 Don Juan Chiles Chiltepin Pod
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. Don Juan Chiles Sea Salt
- A dash of Don Juan Chiles Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tbsp. Don Juan Chiles Cilantro
- 2 Don Juan Chiles Tortillas
- ½ cup Mexican white cheese
thoughts before starting
what you'll need to start
2 Skillets, stovetop, spatula, plates for serving.
- Open and drain the can of black beans
- Heat skillet and add olive oil.
- Pour salsa or pico onto the skillet and let it cook for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Add cumin and skinned, rehydrated peppers, and beans into the skillet.
- Add oil to a second skillet and cook eggs, sunny side up – season them with , salt, pepper, and cilantro.
- Heat up two tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour beans equally on each tortilla, and then add the eggs on top them.
- Add cheese, enjoy, and good luck with the hangover!