Zesty Lemon Pepper Wings
Great as an appetizer or a main course, these Lemon Pepper wings are zesty and crispy. Our seasoning mix is what really puts this dish over the top, providing a tangy coating on juicy chicken wings.
If you want to whip up a large batch, you can freeze these wings after cooking! Simply let the wings cool completely before transferring them to a freezer bag. Push out as much air from the bag as possible and freeze for up to four months.
To reheat, thaw the wings and cook them in a 350-degree oven for five or six minutes on both sides. This will result in crunchy wings that are still tender. You can also reheat them in a frying pan, dropping them in oil for two to three minutes, but be sure your wings are completely defrosted to avoid any accidents.
thoughts before starting
If you don’t want to freeze your leftovers: wings that have been fried can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days inside of a sealed container.
what you'll need to start
Paper towels, a large skillet, large Ziploc bag, heat-safe tongs, heat-safe bowl, serving tray, heat-safe thermometer (if you’ve got it!).
- In a large skillet, pour in about 2-3 inches of your vegetable oil. Heat oil on medium heat until you reach 350 degrees F. If you do not have a thermometer, stick the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. If small bubbles form around the handle of the spoon, the oil is ready.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels and place them in the Ziploc bag.
- Add in ½ tsp of Don Juan’s Lemon Pepper (save the rest for later), Don Juan’s Sea Salt, and flour.
- Seal the bag and shake to fully coat the chicken.
- Prepare a paper-towel lined plate for after you take your your fried chicken wings out of the oil.
- Once your oil is ready, place the coated chicken wings in carefully in batches of 5 or 6 wings at a time. Working in small batches helps the oil temperature stay consistent and this way your wings won’t stick together.
- Fry for 10-12 minutes until golden brown, flipping throughout the cooking process using your tongs.
- Mix your melted butter and the remaining 1 ½ tsp Don Juan’s Lemon Pepper in the large bowl. Add in your wings and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Transfer the wings to a serving tray, top with Don Juan’s Parsley and slice you’re your fresh lemon into wedges to garnish. Serve and enjoy!