Sweet Pork Barbacoa
It is Don Juan Chiles Ground New Mexico Mild chile powder, our Product of the Week, that will help push this dish to the next level. Not only one of my favorites but also one of my own family’s top-ranked meals, this sweet pork is the perfect combination of sweet and savory that will make any meal taste great. I even had to go home and have my mom, Paula, help me to curate this delicious treat for my family. Above you can see a beautiful, sweet pork taco with an amazing view of Pikes Peak in Woodland Park, CO.
thoughts before starting
This is NOT a meal for one. Plan to have enough pork for a feast. Enjoy!
what you'll need to start
Large Re-Sealable Bag, Crock Pot, Blender, Knife, Forks, Plates
- Put the pork in a re-sealable bag to marinate, pour in one of the cans of Coke the 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the Ground New Mexico Mild and the Ground Cumin.. Marinade for a few hours or overnight.
- Drain marinade and put pork, half can of Coke, water, and minced garlic in crockpot on high for about 3-4 hours. Remove pork from the crockpot, drain off the liquid, shred pork.
- Blend together the remaining half can of Coke, can of chiles, enchilada sauce, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Put shredded pork back in the crockpot, cover with sauce, heat just until warmed through.
- Now that the sweet pork is ready, feel free to get creative with the serving process. You can put in a burrito, tacos, a bowl, or even just eat it plain. Yeah, it is that good. Enjoy!