Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Missing the comforting food and flavors of the holidays? This Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes recipe will warm you up and satisfy your craving for those delicious holiday-time flavors.
Packed with rosemary and nutmeg, this dish makes the perfect side to roasted chicken or grilled steak. For a vegetarian option, cook some rice and throw these sweet potatoes on top for a veggie bowl packed with flavor and nutrients.
No matter the time of year, Don Juan Chiles can get you the flavors you’re craving today. Grab your favorite spices and herbs from our website and get to cooking up this tasty dish!
thoughts before starting
Add a pinch of Don Juan’s Ground Cinnamon in this dish to warm it up even more. Also, feel free to leave the skin of the sweet potatoes on instead of peeling them if you’d prefer.
what you'll need to start
Cutting board, mixing bowl, baking sheet, serving bowl.
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next, peel and chop your sweet potatoes on your cutting board. You are looking to get about 2 pounds of sweet potatoes chopped into long pieces, about an inch wide.
- Add your cut sweet potatoes to your mixing bowl, and drizzle with your olive oil. Add your salt, pepper, nutmeg, and rosemary, (and the optional dash of cinnamon).
- Stir/toss until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated, then transfer to your baking sheet. Spread the potatoes out to be in an even layer.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for about 25 minutes or until tender. Check for readiness by inserting a fork. If this is done with ease, the sweet potatoes are ready.
- Turn the broiler on for one to two minutes before removing the sweet potatoes for added crunch. Watch the potatoes carefully until they reach a golden brown color on top.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to your serving bowl, and enjoy!