Ponche Navideño is a traditional Mexican holiday punch enjoyed in the winter. This flavorful drink is made with fresh and dried fruits like tamarind, prunes, hibiscus, sugar cane, cinnamon, and sweetened with Piloncillo. Ponche Navideño is also often served as a symbol of hospitality and friendship. It is often served with alcohol but tastes great without it as well.
- 4 quarts of water
- 1 large piloncillo cone (or 12 oz. of brown sugar)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks (or try our Cassia Cinnamon Sticks)
- 1 lb Tejocotes
- 1½ Lb. guavas
- ¾ cup prunes chopped
- 1½ cup apples chopped
- 1 cup pear chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 sugar cane sticks, cut apart
- 1 cup of Tamarind pods peeled
- Optional – Add your choice of rum to taste
- Start by placing your water into a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the piloncillo and cinnamon sticks to our pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- After this time has passed, add the rest of the ingredients and bring your pot to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Enjoy! Serve hot with friends and family and if desired, add your favorite rum to taste.
In search of the best spices to use in your Ponche Navideño recipe? Don Juan Chiles is here to help. We have distributed bulk chiles, spices, herbs, and teas for over 2 decades, and we would love to add flavor to your next mouthwatering meal or delicious drink. Don Juan Chiles has the authentic spices you desire. Browse our selection of authentic Mexican ingredients today to find what you need to make this recipe pop.