Honey Habanero Tacos
Habanero chiles are one of the most popular chiles thanks to their heat, complex flavor, and surprisingly floral aroma. Even with the heat, a habanero’s sweetness and subtle smokiness will shine through, making them a favorite among both amateur and professional chefs. Like all dried chiles, they have a variety of uses, but habanero tacos are one of the best ways to enjoy the chile. The dried habanero chiles will give the beef in your tacos some heat and the same floral and smoky notes that habaneros are famous for.
Our recipe is super simple to make – ready in just 15 minutes – and is sure to be an upgrade from your usual ground beef tacos! You can also use this recipe for nachos, salads, and other dishes as you see fit.
With the spice and complex flavor of quality dried habanero chiles from Don Juan Chiles, we guarantee these habanero tacos will become your new go-to taco recipe.¡Provecho!
thoughts before starting
This recipe is with hard shells but I like soft corn tortillas warmed to a crisp in some light oil and salt.
what you'll need to start
- Brown beef in a skillet over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. While the meat cooks, cut your onion. Add to beef and cook together.
- Mince garlic, and add to pan after the beef browns. Drain beef.
- Add cumin, paprika, salt, diced habanero, chiles, ground habanero, and honey then stir. Remove from heat, and add lime juice. Stir to incorporate.
- Serve immediately on taco shells with your favorite toppings, on nachos, in a taco salad, and more.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the fridge 2-3 days.