Avocado Mexican Steak
This week on our blog we are going back to the basics with a simple steak. It is our POTW, beef rub, that elevates this protein along with many others to new flavor heights. Who doesn’t love a classic steak on the grill on a warm summer night? Enjoy with some delicious Avocado Salsa!
- 1/4 tsp Don Juan Chiles Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Don Juan Chiles Black Pepper
- 4 tsp Don Juan Chiles Beef Rub
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs sirloin steak
thoughts before starting
I am currently a college student and have an Elite Gourmet Indoor Grill which I used to cook the steaks. It works great considering its low cost and easy use.
what you'll need to start
Grill, Knife, Fork, Plates, Bowl, Thermometer.
- Mix the Don Juan Chiles Beef Seasoning with the other listed ingredients and rub on steaks about 40 minutes before grilling, covering well.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Grill steaks for 8-10 minutes, flipping once during the grilling. (If necessary use an internal thermometer to take the temperature of the beef, stick a meat thermometer into the side of the steak. Rare: 125 degrees; Medium Rare: 135 degrees; Medium: 145 degrees; Medium Well: 150 degrees; Well done: 160 degrees.)
- Remove steaks from the heat when the thermometer registers 5°F lower than the desired doneness.
- Make the avocado salsa just before serving. For avocado salsa, mix the salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Serve on top of the steak.